While our churches are closed we cannot receive all the monetary gifts we usually do, here’s how you can help by joining the Parish Giving Scheme and giving by Direct Debit.
A regular gift really helps our cash flow, prevents the need for us to count cash and go to the bank (thereby keeping us safe) and the scheme automatically claims Gift Aid.
It gives all of us peace of mind – you’re not worrying about your envelopes with your cash gift piling up while church is closed and we’re not worrying about loss of income – it’s a win win!
Thank you for your help.
God loves a cheerful giver!2 Corinthians 9:7
How to give
The service is live and operates weekdays between 9am – 5pm. Prospective donors can set up a regular gift to the parish by calling the dedicated telephone line: 0333 002 1271.
The simple sign-up process takes approx. 15 minutes and the following information is needed:
- Personal bank account details
- The name of the parish you wish to donate to and the PGS code:
- St John the Baptist, Clowne: 120612060
- St James the Greater, Barlborough: 120612054
- You will need to confirm if you want to increase your gift in line with inflation each year (or increase the gift as and when you want to)
- Confirm if you are eligible for Gift Aid
What happens next?
You will receive written confirmation (by email or post) of your Direct Debit, including details of the parish you are supporting, the amount of your gift and the date of your first donation.
What if you need to change your donation?
Donors can make any changes to their Direct Debit by post, phone or by email to email@example.com.