We are delighted that you would like to get married in one of our beautiful churches.
To pay your deposit or wedding fees online please visit here:
Barlborough Weddings: http://bit.ly/weddingfeebarlborough
Clowne Weddings: http://bit.ly/weddingfeeclowne
Or you can pay by cheque:
Barlborough – make payable to St James Church Barlborough
Clowne – make payable to Clowne PCC
For more inspiration and ideas about your wedding, try this website from the Church of England here: http://www.yourchurchwedding.org/ – this includes a free ceremony planner and suggested readings and hymns.
You can marry in one of our churches (St John the Baptist Clowne or St James the Greater Barlborough) if you can show that one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- was baptised (christened) in the parish concerned, or
- is confirmed and your confirmation was entered in the register of confirmations for a church or chapel in the parish (this will usually be the case if you were prepared for confirmation in the parish), or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
And did you know that if you move house, you’re immediately connected to the church there? That means you can marry in the church of your new parish.
In all cases involving church services – i.e. going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage – this applies only to Church of England services.
If you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, you could create one, simply by attending your chosen church’s usual services at least once a month for six consecutive months. If you decide to do this, leave enough time after your attendance for the banns to be read before your wedding too – about another two months should be enough.